You know Iron Man?
He’s my mother!
Manou - Sous Chef at White Trash Fast Food, Berlin
I’m on the couch at Milch und Zucker, a busy café lunch
bistro in Kreutzberg. I’m not gonna rave about how cool and diverse everything
is, because you can read all about that in practically every guide book. People ride bikes everywhere, say Danke
SHOON! Dress in second hand clothes. The
thing with second hand clothes here is that they’ve become so extremely trendy
that they cost as much as new clothes. Preposterous!!!
I have absolutely nothing to write lately…
Sometimes no matter where you are, no matter how hard you
try, the seasonal depression gets to you and you’re brain starts bubbling with
strange thoughts and ideas like a lava lamp. Anything and everything turns
questionable, a random email declining some kind of co operation, a friends
long pause before responding on FB or Skype
makes you think that there’s something
more interesting than talking to you.
My new life has overwhelmed me, in a good sense, and I’m
just staying busy livin’ in Berlin. If anyone had told me 2 years ago that I’d
be here, I’d have told them to check their head. I’m working at a cool rock n
roll bar, where as an employ I get a ridiculous discount on EVERYTHING. The
people I work with are musicians or involved in some kind of art form. So I
guess I’m lucky!
All these factors thrown into a blender can create a
smoothie of mixed emotions…. Speaking of smoothie, have you ever tried an
avocado shake? Sounds gross, but tastes awesome and it’s the perfect remedy for
Fall depression.
When Flecia, my retarded, psychotic, yet one of the most
wonderful people in the world, friend and I, went to meet her internet lover in
Morocco (Don’t ask, I’ll write about it later), we were introduced to this
seemingly gross but incredibly tasty beverage. I recommend it to everyone who immediately
thought ‘Gross, avocado smoothie!?’ Yogurt, honey cinnamon, 1 soft avocado,
blender.
I apologize for the shallow dyslexic entry, but I’m overwhelmed by my 180 degree
change in lifestyle and have yet to settle in and catch my breath. I promise next week’s story will be
innovative, informative and life enhancing.
Sal
No comments:
Post a Comment